I just got back from a crazy amazing summer road trip. 1650 miles and 10 days, exploring my home state of California. I dined in terrific restaurants, saw natural wonders, toured cheese farms, and found myself in totally new and unfamiliar places. I also got to sleep in almost every day of the trip– no alarm clock, can you imagine?! What a treat! The past few months have been super busy, and I really needed to take a few days all to myself. Getting away and exploring the state left me well rested and inspired. I am so excited to share some of the culinary tidbits I picked up along the way.
Now that I’m back home and slowly returning to the “real world,” part of me still longs to be on the road. But I’m convinced I can make the summer fun stretch another month. The answer? Peach Sangria! This sweet and summery beverage is crisp, clean, and very easy to prepare. Seasonal summer flavor, so cool and refreshing. It’s like a mini vacation in a pitcher. Cheers!
Any purchase you make from Tori’s Market helps to support my website, my recipes, and the free content I provide. If you have an Amazon login, it’s even easier to make a purchase. Thanks for browsing!
- Place the sliced peaches into the bottom of the sangria pitcher.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and let it cool. This is your simple syrup.
- Pour the simple syrup, peach liqueur and white wine over the peaches. Stir.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and let it sit for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, top the pitcher off with chilled ginger ale and stir gently. Serve in wine glasses, allowing a piece of fruit or two into each glass.
- The ginger ale will lose its carbonation quickly in the pitcher, but will still add a great flavor. If you'd like a more sparkling sangria, top the glasses off rather than the pitcher. Fill each glass half full with sangria and top off with ginger ale. This will make the final beverage more carbonated and sparkling.