I absolutely love this simple Fresh Lemon Herb Sauce! It’s a summery, heart-healthy delight. This sauce goes really well with cooked and grilled artichokes; it’s a healthier alternative to hollandaise or mayonnaise. It’s also great on steak, grilled fish, pasta… really anywhere you need a savory, herby sauce with the brightness of lemon. Enjoy!
Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A percentage of any purchase you make via these links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in running a large cooking website. Thank you very much for browsing!
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup fresh chives
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
You will also need
- Blender or food processor
- Place all ingredients into a blender, or food processor, and blend on low for 30 seconds – 1 minute. You want the mixture to be somewhat chunky, not smooth. You can use an immersion blender, but you will need to chop the herbs a bit first.
- Serve over grilled artichokes, pasta or meat - the possibilities are endless!