Tuna, Hummus & Pesto Crostini Recipe + an amazing Mediterranean Food Basket Giveaway from Genova Tonno – Enter to win on ToriAvey.com #giveaway #contest #prize
Did you know that February is National Heart Month? I’ve teamed up with Genova Tonno to bring you a delicious and heart healthy Mediterranean-inspired recipe as well as a chance to win an amazing food basket, filled with tempting goodies. I absolutely love tuna and Genova Tonno’s Light Tuna packed in olive oil definitely gets my stamp of approval. Thanks to its high amount of Omega-3s, tuna is heart healthy. It’s also a lean protein and contains vitamins B12 and D, iron and calcium.
Together, Genova Tonno and I will be giving away 3 gorgeous gourmet Mediterranean Food Baskets containing:
– “Mediterranean Cooking” cookbook by Pamela Clark
– Olivewood Serving Board from Sur La Table
– Genova Tonno Light Tuna in Olive Oil
– Other Mediterranean pairings (tapenade, wine, cheese, etc)
For a chance to win this giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post with a valid email address. Share on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ for more chances to win. Just let me know where you shared in the comments so I can count the additional entries. I will choose three winners at random for this giveaway on Monday, February 16, 2015. Winners will be notified via email, so please include a valid email address. This prize can only be shipped within the continental United States (not including Alaska or Hawaii).
IMPORTANT: You must be 21 years old to qualify for this prize, please do not comment unless you are 21 years of age or older.
This recipe for Tuna, Pesto and Hummus crostini is inspired by my trips to the Mediterranean. The flavor combination of tuna and pesto is heavenly and reminiscent of warm, sunny days. It’s still winter, after all, and I think many of us could use a little escape from the cold. Enjoy!
Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A percentage of any purchase you make via these links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in running a large cooking website. Thank you very much for browsing!
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to Carrie Hines, Erin Ellis and Susana Slais, who were chosen via a numeric randomizer. New giveaway coming soon, stay tuned!
- 1 thin baguette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cans Genova Tonno Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil plus 1/4 cup chiffonade fresh basil leaves (optional garnish)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup hummus
- 1/3 cup pesto
You will also need
- Sheet tray, pastry brush, mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the baguette along a diagonal into 1/4 inch slices using a serrated knife. Do not slice them thicker than 1/4 inch, or they will be difficult to bite through when toasted.
- Place the slices on a cookie sheet. Brush the tops of the bread pieces with olive oil.
- Place the bread into the oven and let it toast for 8-10 minutes till the bottoms of the bread slices are golden brown and toasted. Flip the slices to check for doneness-- they will brown more on the bottom than they will on the top.
- In a mixing bowl combine tuna, 2 tbsp chopped basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- To assemble - first stop each crostini with 1 1/2 tsp of hummus, then add 1/2 tsp of pesto.
- Top with 1/2 tbsp of the tuna salad.
- Garnish with chiffonade basil, if desired.