“SHIKSA IN THE KITCHEN ONLINE RECIPE CONTEST”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase of a product or service from “The Shiksa.com” (“Sponsor”) or any of its affiliated companies will not improve the chance of winning. Participation requires Internet access.
- To participate as an “Entrant” in The Shiksa.com’s “SHIKSA IN THE KITCHEN ONLINE RECIPE CONTEST”:
– You MUST be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who, as of March 15, 2010 are 18 years of age or older.
– You MUST NOT be affiliated with any employees or officials of TheShiksa.com, or their immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and/or those living in the same household. Affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, web site providers or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Contest each are not eligible to enter.
– You must have lawful access to the Internet and a valid e-mail address.
– Food professionals (e.g., chefs, food writers, food home economists who create recipes to sell) are not eligible to enter.
– Most importantly, you MUST submit a recipe that is steeped in family history, Jewish tradition, and culinary deliciousness!
CONTEST PERIOD. TheShiksa.com’s “SHIKSA IN THE KITCHEN ONLINE RECIPE CONTEST” will be accepting entries online starting at or about 12:00:01 AM (EST) March 15, 2010 and ending at 11:59:59 PM (EST) April 15, 2010 (The “Contest Period”). All online entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (EST) April 15, 2010. Winners will be announced May 1, 2010. Proof that you entered your submission does not constitute proof or evidence that an entry was actually received within the Contest Period. Participants assume all risk of lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or illegible entries. Entries submitted that do not qualify as finalists will not be acknowledged or returned.
HOW DO I ENTER? No less than one (1) and more than three (3) entries per person. You may enter online only. Submitting an entry constitutes agreeing to the terms of these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor and/or its designee, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost due to any reason, all of which will be voided. Each submission of an Entry Form and an Entry Piece shall constitute an entry (“Entry”). Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- ENTRY FORM REQUIREMENTS. Online Entry Form requires: full name, age, phone number, address, e-mail address how you found out about the contest, and agreement to the rules.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. (a) Entry Pieces must be submitted online, and must include (a) 1 to 3 recipes, preferably of some type of Jewish traditional cuisine; (b) some reference of where the dish originates culturally and/or geographically; and (c) some brief anecdote or family history of its personal significance to the Entrant. Entries may include any photograph, essay, collage, drawing, painting, or any “creation.” (d) Submissions must be in English. (e) Entry Pieces must be tasteful. Content must be intended for a family audience and must, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, be suitable for a general audience and must not contain any nudity, sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content. (f) Entry Piece must not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service other than the Sponsor’s. (g) Entry Piece must not contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than as owned by the Entrant). (h) Any elements appearing in an Entry Piece, must be the Entrant’s own original work, created solely by the Entrant. Use of anything that is not the Entrant’s own original work, may result in disqualification. (i) Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entry that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of these content related requirements.
ENTER ONLINE. Go to http:///www.TheShiksa.com and click on the “Enter the ‘Shiksa In The Kitchen Online Recipe Contest!’” link. Fill out the online Entry Form and submit. Before submitting your Entry, you must certify that you have read and agree to these Official Rules. Once the entry form is submitted, follow the instructions given online for submission of your recipe(s). (j) Only one prize will be awarded per household.
CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL ENTRIES. By submitting an entry (or accepting any prize), each Entrant understands and agrees that their Entry Piece and name may be posted online to TheShiksa.com or published in the book currently entitled “The Shiksa In The Kitchen,” without further compensation or review, and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to crop, edit and revise any entry in whole or in part or request submitters to do so, at the Sponsor’s discretion. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any such use by Sponsor, including any commercial advertising presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor, infringes the Entrant’s rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in its Entry.
- WHAT CAN I WIN? One 1st Prize winner will receive $500 (five-hundred dollars). One 2nd Prize winner will receive $250. One 3rd Prize winner will receive $100. Prizes will be mailed to the winners within 90 (ninety) days of the official closing of the contest. The contest is subject to change closing dates at the discretion of the Sponsor. If you are under 18 and your recipe is selected to win a prize, we must have a signed parental waiver as a condition of receiving prizes. Winners and/or winners’ parents or legal guardians in the event winner is a minor under the laws of winner’s state of residence are responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by the acceptance of the prize. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged or otherwise redeemed. Sponsor is not responsible for any costs associated with accepting or otherwise using the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agents to use winner’s name, likeness, and Entry Piece for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Winners will be notified and provided with release forms to release their recipes and all elements of their submission to TheShiksa.com for publication in the book currently entitled “The Shiksa In The Kitchen.” Upon completion, online signature and return of the release form, the submission then becomes the sole property of TheShiksa.com.
- GENERAL RULES: Void where prohibited by law. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and judges’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this contest. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor, may be featured on www.TheShiksa.com and all its assigns, and none will be returned. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. All federal, state and local laws apply. Winners must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility certifying that the submission is his/her own original recipe and he/she holds all rights to the submission, that the submission has not been previously published, has not won a previous prize or award, and that he/she followed the Official Rules of the Contest. Additionally, Winners may be required to complete a Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release. If requested by Sponsor, all documents must be signed and returned within 5 days of notification. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that does not comply with these requirements or these Official Rules. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor reserves the right to: (a) use entrant’s name and likeness and publish all entries submitted, (b) alter, amend, edit or change entries prior to publication and (c) use, publish, reproduce, alter, amend and copyright for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Entrants (and parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless TheShiksa.com, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, attorneys, other representatives, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, harmless from and against any and all liability and damages. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or announcement of any prize or in the administration of the promotion. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
INTERNET CAUTION. Sponsor is not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any damage to any participant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the contest cannot be conducted as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted on-line and all eligible entries collected prior to the time of termination will be included in the contest to award the prize, providing a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries are received. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the contest or disqualify entrant if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the contest as determined by judges/Sponsor, in their sole discretion. In the event a dispute arises regarding specific individual entitled to receive prize, entry made by Internet will be declared made by the person indicated on the entry. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods.
By submitting your recipe’s (“content”) online for the contest, simultaneously with such posting you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner has expressly granted to us an unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable (through multiple levels), and transferable right and license to use, copy, record, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense, lease, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon (including, without limitation, translations), publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, reformat, translate, archive, store, and otherwise exploit the recipe (in whole or in part) as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate, for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, (1) in connection with our business; and (2) in connection with the businesses of our successors, parents, subsidiaries, and their related companies. We may exercise this grant in any format, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such content. By submitting your content, you also release and grant us the right, but not the obligation to use your biographical information, including, without limitation, your name and geographical location in connection with broadcast, print, online, or other use or publication of your content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called “moral rights” or rights of “droit moral” with respect to the content.
- For names of winners, available from 5/1/10 through 6/1/10, visit www.TheShiksa.com.