Marcigny, a small town nestled between the hills of Southern Burgundy, has been home to Emile Henry for the past 150 years. Faithful to its origins, the entire production is carried out here. Thanks to its clay, rich in refractory properties, Burgundy has remained a fertile area for potters, passing on their savoir-faire from generation to generation. Clay, a natural and noble material, has been used since the mists of the time to cook or preserve food. While respecting the traditional techniques, Emile Henry has introduced technological improvements (Ceradon ®) so that the dishes are more resistant to mechanical and thermal shock. Strong and durable, all Emile Henry pieces can be taken directly from the freezer to a hot oven, can go under a broiler and are microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe. The natural clay is unsurpassed for conducting and retaining heat. All pieces are perfect for everyday use and carry a 3 year warranty against defects.
- Emile Henry's Ceradon® is an exclusive process to produce strong and durable ceramic bakeware and tableware for everyday use: Unsurpassed for conducting, retaining heat
- 2 Quart dish is ideal for baking souffles, deep casseroles
- Smooth translucent glaze resists scratches and chips: you can cut directly on the dish without scratching
- Freezer, oven, broiler, microwave and dishwasher safe
- 3-year warranty; made in France
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 3.5 inches ; 900 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- ASIN: B000CPZN1E
- Item model number: 336820
Average Customer Review (5 customer reviews)
Beautiful piece, By Irish Rose
January 19, 2009
This item is so beautiful that I almost want to frame it (j/k). I can't wait to use it to make anything! I wish that they made lids for their products though.
Perfect!, By Leigh R. Paddon
April 11, 2012
I had been looking for the perfect souffle dish and didn't want to spend a ton of money.This is perfect! It works just as described and the color is wonderful!Arrived on time and in perfect condition.
Well made and a beautiful color!, By Virginia Gal
January 19, 2012
This item is exactly what I was looking for in a souffle dish. It is well made (France), smooth inside and out, exactly as described, and the color combination is crisp and pleasing to the eye. I look forward to making my first souffle soon. I am having a great adventure learning how to cook different types of food from different cultures. My family and friends have enjoyed tasting the new recipes that I have prepared for them. Now that I have retired, I have time to watch the cooking channel, and cooking has become fun for me again!