Marcigny, a small town nestling between the hills of Southern Burgundy, has been home to Emile Henry for the past 150 years. Faithful to its origins, the entire production is carried out here. Thanks to its clay, rich in refractory properties, Burgundy has remained a fertile area for potters, passing on their savoir-faire from generation to generation. Clay, a natural and noble material, has been used since the mists of the time to cook or preserve food. While respecting the traditional techniques, Emile Henry has introduced technological improvements (Ceradon ®) so that the dishes are more resistant to mechanical and thermal shock. Strong, durable, all Emile Henry pieces can be taken directly from the freezer to the hot oven, can go under a broiler and is microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe. The natural clay is unsurpassed for conducting and retaining heat. All pieces are perfect for everyday use and carry a 3 year warranty against defects.
- 9-inch Provencal pie dish in cerise red
- Durable stoneware resists scratching and chipping
- Decorative fluted edge with bright white interior
- Safe for dishwasher, oven, broiler, freezer, and microwave
- Measures 10-1/2 by 2 inches; 3-year warranty; made in France
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 10.5 x 2.2 inches ; 3.8 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B00022O6UQ
- Item model number: 336131
Average Customer Review (55 customer reviews)
Beautiful Pies, By Loves to Cook 'Joy'
August 23, 2002
Simply the BEST, By T. Davignon 'taniafoto'
May 12, 2005
Emile Henri is worth every penny for someone who really loves to cook. Pie crust is crispy even in the middle on the bottom without using a lard crust! These items are easy to clean and look BEAUTIFUL!
Great Pie Dish!, By
December 12, 2007
Pies are perfect-Clean up is amazing!!! The cookware is absolutely beautiful. There are few things I pay good money for and even fewer things I end up not regretting.. This is one Pie dish you will never regret owning!. It's wonderful and still looks as bright and perfect as the day i took it out of the box.. I throw it in my dishwasher without pre rinsing too! And comes out looking as though I just brought it home.. I Make the best Apple Pies I ever ate..the crust is perfect every time. It would be nice to thank the man responsible for such a nice tool as this.