For five generations, the Henry family has been making tableware and bakeware in Marcigny, France. True to tradition all Emile Henry pieces are carefully crafted from Burgundy clay, found naturally in the region. The mineral-rich clay is combined with 100-percent natural ingredients to create a product unsurpassed for even heat distribution. Through the unique Ceradon process, each piece is fired with an extremely durable glaze that gives the finished product a naturally non-stick surface- which will not scratch from use or cleaning. All Emile Henry product is freezer, oven, broiler, microwave and dishwasher safe. Emile Henry is now proud to introduce a new line of dinner and cookware that combines hearty tradition and natural technology with modern form and hues. With the Urban Colors Collection, Emile Henry renews everyday oven and tableware with new shapes and colors. Warm, earthy tones: Slate, Sky, Sand, Figue and Nougat are the perfect addition to the modern home. The small rectangular dish is the essential baking piece. It can be used for side dishes, perfect for an entre for 2, or even desserts such as brownies. The urban design adds to any table setting when serving and the clean up is a breeze as it is dishwasher safe
- Emile Henry's ceramic bakeware and tableware is made in Marcigny France since 1850 from high fired burgundy clay; The natural clay is unsurpassed for conducting and retaining heat
- Emile Henry's ceradon is an exclusive process to produce strong and durable ceramic bakeware and tableware for everyday use
- Extremely hard glaze - resistant to scratching; shock resistant - highly resistant to chipping
- Thermal properties: keeps hot, keeps cold - use directly from freezer to oven to table (0-Degree F to 500-Degree F)
- Rectangular loaf dish measures 9-inch by 5-inch; Easy to clean by hand or in the dishwasher
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 5 x 3 inches ; 9 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
- ASIN: B000KWA2AG
- Item model number: 536164
Average Customer Review (8 customer reviews)
Love this loaf pan!!, By Mary E Nordmann
August 20, 2011
I will never use any other loaf pan again. The even baking can't be beat, and they last forever!! Cleanup is super easy, unlike metal pans. I love Emile Henry!! This is my 5th piece, and I will keep adding more!
Beautiful and Functional! Recipe may take 10 minutes longer., By EJ 'EJ'
December 30, 2012
As soon as I found out that new Pyrex is made out of soda lime, not borosilicate, and that there have been complaints of shattering, I started looking for European alternatives to the new stuff.I found Emile Henry. All of the products can be taken directly from the freezer and put into the oven--a huge convenience if you want to make something ahead and bake it fresh! I love the beautiful blue color--even more gorgeous in person than in the pic--and the white interior.One thing I'm not sure I like is that, because of the way the clay heats, recipes tend to take a few moments longer. I haven't remove a star for this because frankly, I like the Emile Henry so much I'm still grabbing it while the Pyrex in my cabinet is sitting unused. But this is a bit annoying, particularly when trying new recipes. So far I haven't seen any difference in quality--in fact the meatloaf and breads I've made in this seem if anything better.I haven't done a head-to-head...
works well, By DXmachina9
August 13, 2012
Quite satisfied with this product -- works well and looks pretty.Bought this to make meatloaf. Cooks evenly -- meatloaf does not have the hard crust that other load pans sometimes make.