Scanpan Professional features clean, elegant lines for a most unique cookware design. The stainless steel covers and handles are polished in a two-tone matt-and-mirror finish, setting an exciting visual contrast to the all black pan body. Scanpan Professional is made from a core of solid squeeze-cast aluminum, forged into shape with 200 tons of pressure. The optimum thickness of the pan base prevents warping and keeps the pan base perfectly flat, especially important when used with glass top or ceramic ranges. The patented nonstick surface is created by firing a ceramic-titanium particles into the pan and a specially formulated nonstick compound is embedded in the ceramic-titanium surface. Scanpan Professional is safe to use with metal utensils and comes with a Lifetime Warranty. Made in Denmark. Fry/Omelet Pan 10.25-inch diameter
Scanpan Professional features clean, elegant lines for a most unique cookware design. The stainless steel covers and handles are polished in a two-tone matt-and-mirror finish, setting an exciting visual contrast to the all black pan body. Scanpan Professional is made from a core of solid squeeze-cast aluminum, forged into shape with 200 tons of pressure. The optimum thickness of the pan base prevents warping and keeps the pan base perfectly flat, especially important when used with glass top or ceramic ranges. The patented nonstick surface is created by firing a ceramic-titanium particles into the pan and a specially formulated nonstick compound is embedded in the ceramic-titanium surface. Scanpan Professional is safe to use with metal utensils and comes with a Lifetime Warranty. Made in Denmark. Fry/Omelet Pan 10.25-inch diameter.
From the Manufacturer
About Green Tek Nonstick Technology:
In the more recent past, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has taken the leading manufacturer of nonstick compounds to task over excessive emissions of PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic Acid). PFOA has been used as a catalyst in the production of PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), the basic building block for all nonstick cookware surfaces.
PFOA is a chemical that is hard to break down in the environment. It has a half life of 3.8 years, meaning that if there are 4 grams of PFOA in the body today, the body will have 2 grams in it in four years from now, 1 gram in eight years from now and so on. The human metabolism does not remove PFOA. While it is not a carcinogen or toxin and is generally assumed inert and not harmful to your health, it is environmentally unfriendly and just sticks around forever. That is why the EPA and the leading nonstick manufacturer have agreed that by 2010, the amount of PFOA used to produce PTFE compounds need to be cut by 95%, and by 2015 no PFOA could be used, at all.
Towards the end of this process, PFOA is completely extracted via ionization filters. Even if any traces of PFOA were still present by the time the nonstick compound reached the cookware factory, the pan surface curing temperatures would destroy such remnants. The same is true for the old nonstick compound used for Scanpan Classic and Scanpan Professional. That's why Scanpan has always been able to present the finished product as not containing PFOA.
Scanpan Cookware has always been PFOA free, but the negative publicity that PFOA and, by extension, PTFE had received over the last few years, had caused Scanpan to work closely with their suppliers to find a substitute for PFOA that is biodegradable. Scanpan received patents on PFOA-free technology in 2007 and has been producing Scanpan Classic and Scanpan Professional with this new process since spring 2007. With their new Green Tek technology, there is no PFOA used at any stage of the entire process, resulting in a "clean and green" nonstick PTFE compound, the production of which no longer uses chemicals that could have a negative impact on the environment.
The performance of the Scanpan Green Tek surface is not different in any way from the performance of Scanpan's previous surface. And Scanpan continues to incorporate their patented ceramic-titanium technology. Scanpan is safe to use with metal utensils and each piece comes with a lifetime warranty.
Taking Care of Scanpan Professional Cookware:
1. Before first use, remove all packing materials, labels, and tags, and wash pan in hot, soapy water. Rinse well and dry. 2. Heat pan to working temperature. Medium heat is typically sufficient for frying and sauteing. Since each stove top has its own settings, find the best heat setting for your stove by starting at a lower setting, then gradually increase until water splashed on the pan surface evaporates immediately with a sizzle. High heat can be used for other applications, like boiling water, stir frying, oven roasting etc. Note: Scanpan Professional is oven safe to 500 degrees F. 3. Scanpan Professional can be used without oil, butter, or other seasonings, making it especially suitable for low fat diets. 4. After use, remove food and clean Scanpan cookware with warm, soapy water. Scanpan Professional wipes clean with a sponge. Scanpan Professional is dishwasher safe. Scanpan recommends using extra care if you decide to clean the pans in the dishwasher to prevent damage to plates, glassware, etc. 5. When storing Scanpan cookware and nesting (placing smaller pots inside larger pots) is required due to space limitations, we recommend placing a paper or cloth towel between the pots and pans to prevent scuff marks.
- Heavy-duty pressure cast Aluminum base for perfect heat distribution
- Patented ceramic-titanium nonstick surface for use with metal utensils
- Cast 18/10 stainless handles stay cool longer. Heavy-duty stainless steel rivets permanently secure handles to pan body
- Perfect food release, easy to clean. Dishwasher safe.
- Suitable for all stove tops, excluding induction
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 10.2 x 2.5 inches ; 2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B000NI6DM8
- Item model number: 60002600
Average Customer Review (104 customer reviews)
Loved the pan., By Jennifer
July 3, 2008
After reading all of the good reviews I decided to get this pan. If I really liked it I was also going to purchase the chef's set of other pans. When it arrived I was so excited. I had been using a cheap omelet pan that all of the teflon had worn off and I was ready to invest in some good pans. Two things I found out. If you put veggies in your omelet and they touch the pan it will stick, but it cleaned up easily. I had to put a teaspoon of butter in. Second the rivets stick out and food collects around them so I have to take a toothpick to them occasionally. One of the rivets started moving, which I don't believe it is supposed to do. I called Scanpan 3 times so far and keep getting an answering machine. I leave a message but no one calls me back. I will try again today. I am deliberating if I should get the classic in the other pans but I hate the glass lids and this problem with Customer service is leaving me leery of making another purchase with this company...
A great pan, By Jay Brandt
March 23, 2010
I've been looking for a really good set of pans literally for years. I tried a number of brands and styles and ultimately was dissatisfied in some way - even the expensive ones had something I didn't like. Then when I was checking out a recipe on a cooks site, I saw that the site was sponsored by Scanpan. So as an experiment (and because my old omelet pan was shot), I decided to buy the 9 1/2' Scanpan fry pan. What a great pan! The heft is perfect, the handle well set and easy to hold, the non-stick is truly non-stick (even water just beads up on it), and it looks good on top of it all. I've already ordered the 12 1/4' fry pan and have made a list. I'll be replacing all my pots and pans with Scanpan professional over the coming months. Below are what I see as the pros and cons: Pros: - Great non-stick - when I make omelets, I don't need any butter at all. Burgers, chicken, steak, etc. don't stick at all. - Cleanup - the surface is so non-stick that a simple...
The last fry pan you'll ever need., By Phelps Road
September 19, 2007
With a lot of non-stick pans on the market right now, I wasn't sure how ScanPan would be much different than the rest. After using this almost daily for the last few months, I can say that this pan has far exceeded any expectations I've ever had for a piece of cookware. The surface is so tough, you can use it worry free with metal utensils, and they even suggest giving your pan a cold water blast right after use to steam clean. No other non-stick pan would ever tell you to do this. Most of the time, a simple wipe with a paper towel is all the cleaning you need. I'm able to use so much less oil in my cooking, and yet still produce flawless golden brown color on meat and fish. Eggs are a piece of cake, too! These pans look quite impressive as well, and would be at home in any well appointed kitchen. All of this being said, they throw in a lifetime warranty on top of it. I'm sold!