Scanpan Professional features clean, elegant lines for a most unique cookware design. The stainless steel covers and handles are polished in a two-tone matt-and-mirror finish, setting an exciting visual contrast to the all black pan body. Scanpan Professional is made from a core of solid squeeze-cast aluminum, forged into shape with 200 tons of pressure. The optimum thickness of the pan base prevents warping and keeps the pan base perfectly flat, especially important when used with glass top or ceramic ranges. The patented nonstick surface is created by firing a ceramic-titanium particles into the pan and a specially formulated nonstick compound is embedded in the ceramic-titanium surface. Scanpan Professional is safe to use with metal utensils and comes with a Lifetime Warranty. Made in Denmark. Fry/Omelet Pan 11-inch diameter
Scanpan's premium Professional series combines the same pressure-cast aluminum technology of Scanpan Classic pans, but with the gleam of superior stainless-steel handles and lids. Made in Denmark, this Professional heavy-gauge frying and omelet pan sits perfectly flat, distributes and retains heat evenly for hotspot-free cooking, and features a ceramic-titanium nonstick finish that stands up to metal spatulas. Cast of 18/10 stainless steel for stay-cool stovetop use, the handle is ergonomic for comfort and riveted for strength. It stylishly presents a dual matte/polished finish that handsomely contrasts with the black pan body. Stainless-steel covers are available separately to fit the fry pans. Scanpan Professional pans are safe for any burner type, including induction; oven-use up to 500 degrees F; and dishwasher-cleaning, although washing by hand will best preserve the nonstick finish.
In response to environmental concerns regarding nonstick finishes, Scanpan in 2007 introduced its Green Tek nonstick technology. Working with its suppliers, Scanpan is the first cookware company to completely eliminate the use of the harmful chemical PFOA from the entire process used to make its nonstick compound. The new PFOA-free nonstick finish is now found on all Scanpan Classic and Professional cookware. Scanpan covers its cast-aluminum cookware with a full lifetime warranty. --Ann Bieri
From the Manufacturer
About Green Tek Nonstick Technology:
In the more recent past, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has taken the leading manufacturer of nonstick compounds to task over excessive emissions of PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic Acid). PFOA has been used as a catalyst in the production of PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), the basic building block for all nonstick cookware surfaces.
PFOA is a chemical that is hard to break down in the environment. It has a half life of 3.8 years, meaning that if there are 4 grams of PFOA in the body today, the body will have 2 grams in it in four years from now, 1 gram in eight years from now and so on. The human metabolism does not remove PFOA. While it is not a carcinogen or toxin and is generally assumed inert and not harmful to your health, it is environmentally unfriendly and just sticks around forever. That is why the EPA and the leading nonstick manufacturer have agreed that by 2010, the amount of PFOA used to produce PTFE compounds need to be cut by 95%, and by 2015 no PFOA could be used, at all.
Towards the end of this process, PFOA is completely extracted via ionization filters. Even if any traces of PFOA were still present by the time the nonstick compound reached the cookware factory, the pan surface curing temperatures would destroy such remnants. The same is true for the old nonstick compound used for Scanpan Classic and Scanpan Professional. Thats why Scanpan has always been able to present the finished product as not containing PFOA.
Scanpan Cookware has always been PFOA free, but the negative publicity that PFOA and, by extension, PTFE had received over the last few years, had caused Scanpan to work closely with their suppliers to find a substitute for PFOA that is biodegradable. Scanpan received patents on PFOA-free technology in 2007 and has been producing Scanpan Classic and Scanpan Professional with this new process since spring 2007. With their new Green Tek technology, there is no PFOA used at any stage of the entire process, resulting in a "clean and green" nonstick PTFE compound, the production of which no longer uses chemicals that could have a negative impact on the environment.
The performance of the Scanpan Green Tek surface is not different in any way from the performance of Scanpan's previous surface. And Scanpan continues to incorporate their patented ceramic-titanium technology. Scanpan is safe to use with metal utensils and each piece comes with a lifetime warranty.
Taking Care of Scanpan Professional Cookware:
1. Before first use, remove all packing materials, labels, and tags, and wash pan in hot, soapy water. Rinse well and dry.
2. Heat pan to working temperature. Medium heat is typically sufficient for frying and sauteing. Since each stove top has its own settings, find the best heat setting for your stove by starting at a lower setting, then gradually increase until water splashed on the pan surface evaporates immediately with a sizzle. High heat can be used for other applications, like boiling water, stir frying, oven roasting etc. Note: Scanpan Professional is oven safe to 500 degrees F.
3. Scanpan Professional can be used without oil, butter, or other seasonings, making it especially suitable for low fat diets.
4. After use, remove food and clean Scanpan cookware with warm, soapy water. Scanpan Professional wipes clean with a sponge. Scanpan Professional is dishwasher safe. Scanpan recommends using extra care if you decide to clean the pans in the dishwasher to prevent damage to plates, glassware, etc.
5. When storing Scanpan cookware and nesting (placing smaller pots inside larger pots) is required due to space limitations, Scanpan recommends placing a paper or cloth towel between the pots and pans to prevent scuff marks.
- 11-inch omelet pan made in Denmark of pressure-cast aluminum
- Green Tek ceramic-titanium nonstick finish is safe for metal utensils
- Cast 18/10 stainless-steel handles stay cool and are riveted for strength
- Dishwasher-safe, washing by hand recommended; oven-safe to 500 degrees F
- Covered by full lifetime warranty
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 11 x 2.5 inches ; 2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B000NI2FN4
- Item model number: 60002800
Average Customer Review (17 customer reviews)
Almost Bulletproof - Fabulous Cooking Instrument, By FotoMeister 'FotoMeister'
April 17, 2009
I've used my Scanpan for a bit over 2 years now - the only piece of Scanpan I own. I cook almost everything in Farberware Classic plain old stainless made in Da Bronx, Noo Yawk. But a cook's just gotta have ONE good nonstick pan. I tried all the cheap stuff, then a Circulon (ever try to keep one really clean?) Then a 'Pots & Pans from Calphalon' teflon/silverstone piece of junk. Chipped and flaked and RUSTED where the teflon left.Then SCANPAN came into my life. This thing is bulletproof - use steel utensils on it, burned he;; out of it one time - no problem. One nick on the top edge in two years caused by beating the bejasus out of a big serving spoon trying to dislodge some thing or other that was stuck to the spoon.Want to give a REAL NONSTICK WEDDING GIFT???? Give the kids a set of this stuff - they'll love you for it. Neighbors daughter got married, wanted Calphalon, gave her Scanpan instead. She and hubby are believers. She got some odd pieces of Calphalon and...
Love this pan!, By Cecilia
January 28, 2009
After hearing rave viewers I just had to try out this pan. It lived up to everything I had heard. This in the BEST fry pan! I absolutely love it. It makes cooking a dream. The handle is comfortable, nothing sticks to them and they are easy to clean. The ceramic surface is amazing and doesn't feel rough like other nonstick pans. I feel good knowing that there is no teflon that is flaking into my food. I'm hooked and am now getting rid of all my other pans and switching everything to Scanpan. I cook everything from eggs to meat to pancakes in this pan. Great!!
I'd give it six stars if I could., By T. S. Lunquist
May 3, 2010
This is the best frying pan I have EVER used. The nonstick coating is perfect, super durable, a thousand times better than any Teflon or other cheap coating. I use this pan for eggs and pancakes, but also for stir-frying vegetables, searing meats, any 'stovetop' dish you can think of will work great in it. I can't say enough good things about this pan -- seriously, if you're only going to own one frying pan, this should be it.