The Cuisinart Elite Collection 14-cup food processor delivers the next big innovation for the modern kitchen. With 11 and 4 1/2-cup work bowls nested inside the 14-cup bowl, plus the adjustable 6 position slicing disc and reversible shredding disc, it provides home chefs with multiple food processors in one! The exclusive SealTight Advantage System is designed to deliver maximum bowl capacity and clean processing and pouring. With 1000 watts of peak power driving a variety of accessories that make every meal easier to prepare. No other processor does it better!. Model #: FP-14DC works at 120 volts.
Amazon.com Product Description
Equipped with a 1000-watt peak-power induction motor, this convenient food processor quickly and easily slices, dices, chops, and purees, helping to reduce prep time in the kitchen. It supplies a 4-1/2-cup small work bowl and an 11-cup medium work bowl that nest inside a 14-cup large work bowl--a versatile three-in-one design that can handle multiple-size batches. All the bowls feature durable polycarbonate construction, measurement marks up the side, and drip-free pour spouts. An exclusive SealTight Advantage System seals the bowls and locks the blades for clean, safe processing and pouring. In addition, the unit's wide-mouth feed tube accommodates larger ingredients, which reduces the need for cutting food into smaller pieces first, and its electronic touchpad control panel offers four selections for on, off, dough, and pulse. Use the machine to quickly blend up individual or family-size batches of pesto, chop onions and green peppers for a veggie pizza, or shred cheese for omelets on a Sunday morning.
Accessories include a stainless-steel adjustable slicing disc (1 to 6 mm), a stainless-steel reversible shredding disc (fine/medium), a large and small stainless-steel chopping/mixing blade, and a dough blade. Thoughtfully designed, the food-prep appliance also provides blue LED indicator lights, a simple on/off locking system with push-button release, a retractable cord, and dishwasher-safe removable parts for quick cleanup. A lockable accessory storage case, spatula, "how-to" DVD, and recipe/instruction book come included. The food processor measures 7-4/5 by 10-1/5 by 17 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty with a 10-year warranty on the motor.
Cuisinart extended the potential of every kitchen, with the introduction of the food processor in 1973. Now with the innovative Elite Collection, Cuisinart continues the pioneering tradition. Loaded with 1000 watts of peak power and innovative options, this ground breaking collection utilizes the exclusive SealTight Advantage system and a revolutionary nested bowl design to usher in the next generation of food processing. With three nested bowls, a reversible shredding disc and adjustable slicing disc (8 different options with 2 discs), a dough blade, and a versatile chopping/mixing blade, there is no limit to what you can do. The SealTight lid and blade assembly lets you utilize the maximum of each bowl's processing capacity without spills or leaks, and ensures easy cleaning and convenient handling. The motor housing base is extra-durable with a streamline design that provides a solid foundation for the demands of food processing. It's versatile, powerful, and user-friendly food processor--something consumers always expect from Cuisinart.Features, Benefits, and Operations
- Housing Base and Motor: With a vertically projecting shaft, this powerful base has 1000 watts of peak power.
- Touchpad Control Panel: These easy to clean, electronically controlled buttons, On, Off, Dough, and Pulse, cover most food processing functions. The contemporary, blue LED light indicates when the unit is powered on.
- Work Bowls: These nested bowls feature SealTight technology, which maximizes each bowl's processing capacity, ensures safe handling, and keeps all the ingredients contained in the bowl you're using! The bowls include a locking feature to prevent them from coming out of position when pouring, and finger recesses for user-friendliness. Three nested work bowls (14, 11, and 4-1/2 cup) made of durable polycarbonate material with convenient measurements marking and pour spouts are provided.
- The Supreme Wide-Mouth Feed Tube: Accommodates larger ingredients and saves precutting time.
- Pusher Assembly: Secured with a snap-fit, the small pusher inside the larger pusher allows you to accommodate ingredients of all sizes.
- Small Chopping/Mixing Blade: This small stainless steel blade chops or mixes anything in your small work bowl and also features the BladeLock system, designed to keep the blade in place during processing, pouring, lifting, and handling tasks--but not permanently attached.
- Large Chopping/Mixing Blade: Stainless steel in construction, this heavy-duty blade processes a variety of food in the large or medium work bowl. The BladeLock system enables the blade to stay in place to prevent leaking, while providing optimal pouring.
- Dough Blade: Designed for superb results this blade kneads all types of dough. The dough blade can be used only in the large bowl.
- Adjustable Slicing Disc: The versatile 6-in-1 disc allows for thin to thick slices with 1 to 6mm indicators.
- Reversible Shredding Disc: Provides the option of either fine or medium shredding for optimal results.
- Stem Adapter: This user friendly tool easily attaches to either disc or small chopping/mixing blade to engage the motor shaft.
- V Cord Storage Case: This convenient storage case with safety lock holds all of the blades and discs that are included with your new food processor.
- V Retractable Cord: The retractable cord system allows you to pull as much cord as needed and then store it back in the housing when not in use. The end of the cord is wrapped with red tape to prevent over-pulling.
All parts except the housing base are dishwasher safe, and recommend washing on the top rack only. The housing base may be wiped clean with a soapy, non-abrasive material and dry after cleaning. If you wash the blades and discs by hand, do it carefully as their cutting edges are very sharp. For your safety remember when handling, use the plastic hubs on the blades and finger holes for the discs.Bringing the Good Life Home
Cuisinart products are designed to make life delicious all day long, offering today's consumers a variety of menu options, and fun and easy new ways to entertain family and friends. Cuisinart first came into home kitchens over 30 years ago when it introduced the now legendary food processor. People discovered that routines could be broken and creative cooking quickly became part of the new lifestyle. Preparing fresh ingredients with products that offered easy and interesting new techniques meant healthier meals and more free time.
Today Cuisinart develops products to make every meal memorable. From breakfast toast and coffee to elegant five-course dinners, the preparation and cooking have become a pleasurable part of the total experience. Today's relaxed lifestyles and the convenience of Cuisinart products make it easier than ever to Savor the Good Life, right at home with family and friends.
- 1000-watt food processor with 14-cup work bowl and nesting 4-1/2- and 11-cup work bowls
- On/off/dough/pulse touchpad controls; wide-mouth feed tube; blade-locking system
- Stainless-steel slicing disc, shredding disc, chopping/mixing blades, and dough blade
- Dishwasher-safe parts; accessory storage case, spatula, "how-to" DVD, and recipe/instruction book included
- Measures 7-4/5 by 10-1/5 by 17 inches; 3-year limited warranty; 10-year motor warranty
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 10.2 x 17 inches ; 9 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 29 pounds
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B002I5DMU0
- Item model number: FP-14DC
Average Customer Review (611 customer reviews)
Extremely Useful And Easy to Clean, By scgrant
February 7, 2011
I was planning to buy the Kitchen Aid food processor, but the store was out of the model I had researched. I desperately wanted to walk out of the store with a food processor in hand after fighting traffic in freezing rain for an hour to get there. The Cuisinart FP-14DC Elite was in stock, a bit higher priced than I had budgeted, but it was huge and shiny and promised a tight seal over the 3 working bowls that, putatively, would allow me to process liquids with minimal collateral damage. The Kitchen Aid model I thought I was going to buy had several concerns expressed online about leaks and spills, which may or may not have been accurate. This Cuisinart model had numerous issues posted online about food getting stuck inside of the lid and toothpicks, toothbrushes, power washers, and steam-powered carpet cleaners being required to remove all the little particles. There were also some ancillary comments about the dough blade not picking up all the ingredients and food getting stuck...
Huge Disappointment, By Home Hunter 808
December 4, 2010
I had the original Cuisinart for home use and have been using a Custom 11 for at least 15 years. The multi-bowl, locking blade, and reversible/adjustable discs on the 14-cup Elite totally hooked me. After seeing a TV ad and doing some online research, I just couldn't order fast enough. While those features are nice, the most important thing is how the machine functions as a FOOD PROCESSOR and in that regard....what a disappointment. The ONLY thing I did before boxing it up to return was shred carrots for a salad. While filling the large feed tube, a couple of baby carrots fell right through the finger hole of the shredding blade into the large bowl. Okay. Reposition blade, try again. Use small feed tube, assuming that will make fallout less likely. I might as well have taken a weed-whacker to a bowl of carrots. There were many nearly-whole carrots left around the rim of the blade (over 1/2 cup) and the contents of the bowl ranged from crumbs to nearly whole baby carrots. Nowhere...
Old time Cuisinart user, By lulu 'Long time cook'
November 30, 2009
I have been using a Cuisinart since they were first introduced in the USA. From day one I have been a fan and kept two for everyday use. A 14 cup and one of the small ones for chopping. I thought that this would be the answer in combining the two but it is messy beyond belief. Everything seems to wind up in the rubber ring around the top or in the lid. I have to take it apart and manually clean those areas to get all my food. Lots of wasted time and effort. You can actually operate the machine without having the top totally engaged. I will stick to making bread dough in a Zojirushi. This machine seems a bit 'over thought'. It would be wonderful if it wasn't so messy. The idea behind the reversible grater and the graduated slicer is great. I had every disk made for my old processor and this certainly makes it easier and storage much less. The woman who does the video demo acts as if this is the first time she has ever turned on a food processor! I am not returning it but I...