The two piece ceramic stone weight set is designed to fit TSM Products 5L fermentation crock. When used properly with TSM Products fermentation crocks inside their oxygen free environment, stone weights keep fermenting vegetables underneath their fermenting liquid to prevent mold growth. The stone weights are non-glazed and fired to temperatures above 2000 °F. They are non-porous and will not absorb liquids. The stone weights are 6.5 Inch is diameter and 0.98 Inch thick, they can also be used in similar designed crocks for fermenting vegetables and pickling.
- Designed to fit TSM Products 5L fermentation crock
- Two piece stone weight designed for easy placement and removal while fermenting and pickling vegetables
- Weights keep vegetables underneath their fermenting liquid to prevent the formation of mold
- Non-porous unglazed clay will not absorb liquid
- Can be used in similar designed crocks for fermentation
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 6.5 x 0.9 inches ; 2.6 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 13 pounds
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B0065NS6SE
- Item model number: 1000
Average Customer Review (15 customer reviews)
Weights, By Andrew Campbell
February 26, 2012
They are weights, while it is nice to be able to order them as a replacement item, they should be included with the fermentation pot, since they are required in order to use it as designed. I guess it is one of those price games.This seller did an awesome job packaging and all items arrived in perfect condition.
Great Stones, By CrochetGranny7 'Christian Blogger'
July 6, 2012
When I ordered a 5L crock pot these stones were included with the pot. Before you buy a crock pot make sure it comes with stones so you don't have to purchase them separately. I am purchasing these as a replacement in case my stones are ever broken. Some people go out and select rocks from the yard to use in their pots. I prefer these stones because they are how the pot was designed to work and they are sanitary. I just don't like the idea of using rocks. I don't have to worry about the material these stones are made of and how it will effect my food. Its worth the money you spend to have these stones handy.
Heavy Enough For Our Needs, By J. Zimny 'Joeyz51'
April 1, 2013
I purchased these weights to put inside my 5.25 quart Fermentation Pot and so far they are working fine. They are keeping the cabbage submerged in the salt water which is what I wanted. So I'd recommend these for anyone making their own sauerkraut.