In summer the grocery store shelves teem with lush, juicy stone fruit. There is nothing more succulent than a perfectly ripe peach. Add something tipsy to the mix, and you’ve got a perfectly refreshing, seasonal party drink! This chilled white sangria with fresh peaches is so easy to make. Enjoy it to cool down on a hot summer evening.
When it comes to traditional Spanish sangrias, red wine usually plays a starring role. In this lighter sangria, white wine, peach liqueur, and ginger ale combine to create a subtly sparkling peach sangria. Of course, fresh ripe peach slices play the starring role here. This sweet and summery beverage is crisp, clean, and very easy to prepare. It’s the perfect seasonal summer flavor, so cool and refreshing. This light cocktail is like a mini vacation in a pitcher. Cheers!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 lb fresh yellow peaches, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup peach liqueur or peach schnapps
- 750 mL white wine (1 bottle)
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- Place the sliced peaches into the bottom of the sangria pitcher.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and let it cool. This is your simple syrup.
- Pour the simple syrup, peach liqueur and white wine over the peaches. Stir.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and let it sit for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, top the pitcher off with chilled ginger ale and stir gently. Serve in wine glasses, allowing a piece of fruit or two into each glass.
- The ginger ale will lose its carbonation quickly in the pitcher, but will still add a great flavor. If you'd like a more sparkling sangria, top the glasses off, rather than the pitcher. Fill each glass half full with sangria and top off with ginger ale. This will make the final beverage more carbonated and sparkling.