Information We Collect:
The information we gather falls into two categories: (1) information you supply when you register to receive emails or comment on the website, and (2) tracking information collected as you navigate through our site.
Personally Identifying Information
In operating the Site, ToriAvey.com may include registration, comment forms, online surveys, and other online forms that ask users to provide their names, e-mail addresses, and other contact information.
Cookies. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to our Web site. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on our website other than cookies. Cookies help us learn which areas of our site are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at our Web site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended. ToriAvey.com permits third party advertisers to provide advertisements to you through the Web Site. Such advertisers may download cookies onto your computer, which would enable them to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement. As a result, the advertising network would have the ability to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe would be of most interest to you. ToriAvey.com does not have access to or control of the cookies that may be placed by third party advertisers.
Click Tracking. As is true of most websites, ToriAvey.com gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements around the site and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Except as noted herein, we do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
We allow third-party tracking on our website. Third-party tracking refers to the practice by which an entity other than the website visited by the user tracks or assists in tracking the user’s visit to the website.
Do Not Track Signals
We honor Do Not Track signals, and we do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Participation on a Public Website
You should be aware that any personal information you submit on ToriAvey.com in the comments may be read, collected, or used by other users of this Site, including anonymous visitors.
Rights with Respect to Your Personal Data
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to information we collect that, alone or in combination with other information we collect, can be used to identify you (such information being “personal data”):
Right to Information Regarding the Processing of Your Personal Data.You have the right to obtain the following information:
- confirmation of whether and where we are processing your personal data;
- information about the purpose of the processing of your personal data;
- information about the categories of personal data being processed;
- information about the existence of, and an explanation of the logic involved in, any automated processing of your personal data that has a significant effect on you;
- information about the categories of recipients with whom your personal data may be shared; and
- information about the period for which your personal data will be stored or the criteria used to determine that period.
Right to Access to Your Personal Data. You may request a copy of your personal data that we, or our third-party processors, collect and maintain. Similarly, you have the right to, when technically feasible, have your personal data transferred to another entity to determine the purpose and means of processing your personal data.
Right to Have Errors Corrected. You have the right to rectification of inaccurate personal data. If you notify us that any of your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, we have the responsibility to, either directly or our third-party processors, ensure that such personal data is erased or corrected.
Right to Have Personal Data Erased or Processing Restricted. Your name and email address are retained until you unsubscribe or until we erase it, whichever occurs first. Any other personal data that is collected during your site visit is retained until you request we erase it or after 26 months, whichever occurs first. You have the right to have your personal data erased when (i) the personal data is no longer needed for its original purpose and no new lawful purpose exists; (ii) the personal data is being processed based solely on your consent and you withdraw your consent; or (iii) the personal data is being processed unlawfully. Similarly, you have the right to limit our use of your personal data when (i) the personal data is no longer needed for its original purpose, but we still need to maintain the personal data to establish, exercise, or defend legal rights; (ii) the personal data is being processed unlawfully; or (iii) the accuracy of the personal data is contested, but then our use of the personal data is restricted for only so long as it takes to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
Right to Object to Processing of Your Personal Data. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data if the basis for that processing is (a) public interest; or (b) our own legitimate interests in doing so. Additionally, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing or statistical purposes.
Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervising Authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint concerning the processing of your personal data with your country’s independent public authority designated to act as its data protection “supervising authority” under the GDPR.
Right to Withdraw Consent to the Processing of Your Personal Data. You have the right to refuse to consent to, and to withdraw your consent to, the processing of your personal data. To the extent we rely on your consent to collect and store your personal data, when you withdraw such consent we must cease collection and retention of such personal data. Note, however, we do not require your consent to collect or otherwise process your personal information if (a) such information is not personal data or (b) such information is personal data and we have another lawful basis for processing the personal information (for instance, the information is needed to enter into or preform under a contract with you).
Responses to your requests to us regarding your personal data will be provided free of charge (including copies of materials), except that we may charge a reasonable fee for any repetitive requests, manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, or further copies. Similarly, we may refuse to act upon requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
We process personal data of those interested in our website and recipes, whether directly or through third-party processors, as needed for purposes of our legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of our website users or email subscribers. Our legitimate interests include responding to communications initiated by you, performing services, informing you of relevant content, services, or changes to our website, and protecting the security of this website and your personal data. In some instances, we might request your consent to process personal data for a particular purpose and in such instances the lawful basis for such processing is your consent.
How Your Information Will Be Used:
Personal Information We may use your personal account information to operate, maintain, customize and personalize your experience with ToriAvey.com based on your individual usage habits, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our site’s content, layout and the website. We also use the information we collect about you to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms of Service Agreement. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law. We may use your personal information to verify your identity, to check your qualifications, or to follow up with transactions initiated on the site. We may also use your contact information to inform you of any changes to ToriAvey.com, or to send you additional information about ToriAvey.com.
Anonymous Information We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
Disclosure of Personal Information We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on ToriAvey.com, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of ToriAvey.com or the users of this site, or (3) act under circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of this site.
Security ToriAvey.com has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
Credit Card Information We may in certain cases collect credit card numbers and related information, such as the expiration date of the card (“Credit Card Information”) when you place an order with us. When the Credit Card Information is submitted to us, such information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software. We will use the Credit Card Information for purposes of processing and completing the purchase transaction, and the Credit Card Information will be disclosed to Third Parties only as necessary to complete the purchase transaction.
Disclosures for California Residents
Categories of Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold in the Preceding 12 Months
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device, which is not lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records (“personal information”):
- Identifier, such as, real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Other individual records such as phone number, billing address, or credit or debit card information. This category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), and overlaps with other categories listed here.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the website and media.
- Internet activity and network activity, including your interactions with the website or podcasts and what led you to the website or podcasts.
- pictures posted on our website.
- Geolocation data provided through location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: (i) identifiers; (ii) California customer records personal information; (iii) demographics, such as age and gender; (iv) commercial information; (v) internet or other similar network activity; (vi) geolocation data; and (vii) inferences drawn from other personal information. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold our users’ personal information.
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) with respect to your personal information:
- The right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
- We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider to: complete the transaction for which the personal information is collected, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you; detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; exercise free speech or ensure the right of another user to exercise his or her free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law; comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; comply with applicable laws; comply with a legal obligation; or make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We do not, and will not, sell the personal information of users of our website. If, in the future, we do sell users’ personal information to a third-party, we will provide users with the opt-out and opt-in rights required under the CCPA.
- The right to request that we provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information over the preceding 12 months, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, sources from which it was collected, categories of personal information disclosed, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing personal information, and categories of third parties with whom your personal information is shared.
- The right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected in the preceding 12 months.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights conferred under the CCPA.Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or benefits, or imposing penalties, provide you a different level or quality of goods or services, or suggest that you receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services, based on your exercise of your rights under the CCPA. If we do choose to offer you financial incentives permitted under the CCPA that result in different price rates, or quality levels, such CCPA-permitted financial incentives will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in any financial incentive program requires your consent, which you may revoke at any time.
To request information regarding our processing of your personal information or request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected, you must submit a verifiable consumer request to us via mail, email, telephone or facsimile addressed to us at the address below.
Tori Avey LLC
c/o WB Mandell Group
8447 Wilshire Blvd. Ste. 204
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request twice within a twelve-month period. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Thus, your verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative of such person.
• Describe your request in sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to your request.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you on how long we expect it will take to respond if we are able to verify your identity. We will work to process your request within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If we need additional time in order to process your request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay. If we are unable to honor your request, we will advise you of this fact and provide the reason why.
We will not provide social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, account passwords or security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information that could lead to unauthorized access, result in identity theft, fraud, or impose an unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your request warrants a fee, we will inform you of the reason for this decision and provide a cost estimate before completing your request.
In addition to the above, California’s “Shine the Light” law, California Civil Code § 1798.83, grants California residents the right to request from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, once a year, certain information with respect to the types of personal information that the business shares with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by contacting us at the address, email, telephone, and facsimile number set forth both above.
California residents are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 1625 N. Market Blvd., Ste. N-112, Sacramento, CA 95834; or by phone at 800-952-5210; or by email to [email protected]
If you have any concerns or claims with respect to our data handling practices, please contact us first. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding our use and disclosure of your Individual Information. If your complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through our internal process, or if we do not adequately respond to your question, you agree to resolve your dispute through arbitration. If arbitration is necessary, it will be conducted by telephone and email, and if it must be done in person, it will be conducted in Los Angeles, California. The arbitration will be conducted by one arbitrator member of JAMS, and under the rules of commercial arbitration of JAMS or as agreed between you and the Company. Both parties will bear equally the cost of arbitration (exclusive of legal fees and expenses). All decisions of the arbitrator will be final and binding on both parties and enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction. For additional information you may contact www.jamsadr.com.
Limitation of Liability
We exercise reasonable efforts to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your personal information; however, transmissions protected by industry standard technology and administered by humans cannot be guaranteed to be secure. We will not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information that occurs through no fault of our own including, but not limited to, errors in transmission, access to your account by anyone, uses of your Member ID and password by a third party, your failure to comply with your security obligations, and the unauthorized acts of our employees.
ToriAvey.com may include interactive forms such as comments. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Third Party Websites
ToriAvey.com may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
Children Under 16:
We care about protecting the privacy of children. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under 16 to provide us any personally identifying information. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. If you’re under 16, please do not provide us with any personally identifying information (such as your name, your email address or your phone number). We have designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). You may read more about COPPA at http://www.coppa.org. If you become aware that your child, a Minor, has provided us with personal information without your consent, you should contact us immediately.
California User Consumer Rights. In accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210; or by email to [email protected] Sec. 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, grants residents of the State of California the right to request from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, once a year, certain information with respect to the types of personal information that the business shares with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by contacting us as set forth in the How to Contact Us section.
We display nutritional information on my recipes through a nutritional calculator that is built in to my website, as part of a preexisting software (known as a “plugin”). This information should be considered an estimate; different nutrition calculators may give you different results. If you want more accurate numbers, we encourage you to see the advice of a registered dietician or nutritionist. Questions about serving size and nutritional content are best addressed with a physician or nutritionist; the information on this site is offered as-is, and should not be considered medical advice. You are fully responsible for consulting a doctor before trying anything new, or when starting a new diet. We are not responsible for any health issues that may arise due to a recipe, idea or suggestion listed on this site.
We also use a metric conversion system which is automatically calculated through my recipe card plugin, as well as a calculator that can automatically change the number of servings. The numbers shown should be considered estimates, as conversions may vary based on which calculation tool you use. Metric conversions and changes to the number of servings (resulting in different ingredient amounts) will only appear in the ingredient list, and are not changed within the step-by-step directions of the recipe.
Website Provider – Host Information
If you have any questions about this policy, or our practices related to this site, contact us here.
Updates and Changes
This policy was last updated on July 1, 2020.
© Tori Avey LLC. All rights reserved.