The heart of an Israeli Salad lies in its four main ingredients—Persian cucumbers, tomatoes, olive oil and lemon juice. I am often inspired by the distinctive combination of these four refreshing ingredients, and I enjoy finding ways to dress up the concept.
My hubby loves feta cheese, so I played with my traditional Israeli Salad recipe and came up with this flavorful Israeli Salad with Feta and Mint. Creamy feta adds protein to what would otherwise be a simple side salad. I highly recommend Israeli feta if you can find it. A touch of cinnamon in the dressing warms up the flavor, while sweet bell peppers add crunch. Serve with sprouted grain toast or buttered challah for a filling vegetarian entrée.
Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A percentage of any purchase you make via these links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in running a large cooking website. Thank you very much for browsing!
- 1 lb Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1 lb ripe red tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine diced vegetables and chopped mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss till well combined.
- Pour half of the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle the remaining feta over the top of the salad. Serve.