This party punch makes a fun and tasty non-alcoholic addition to a Purim party. Kids love it because the sherbet foams and melts into the fruit punch, creating creamy caps of deliciousness on top of the punch bowl. It’s a pretty celebratory punch that will serve a large gathering. Double the recipe for a big punch bowl.
This punch includes dairy sherbet, but you can easily sub a pareve non-dairy ice cream or sorbet if you’re serving a meat meal and want to keep things kosher (or if you are serving somebody who is dairy intolerant). If you’re using a non-dairy frozen dessert, choose either a vanilla or fruit flavor (strawberry, orange, lime, pineapple).
Kosher Ingredient Suggestions
Check for hechsher to ensure kosher certification
Langer’s Fruit Punch
Dreyer’s Tropical Rainbow Sherbet
Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A percentage of any purchase you make via these links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in running a large cooking website. Thank you very much for browsing!
- 2 bananas
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 gallon (64 oz) fruit punch, chilled
- 1 1/2 qts rainbow sherbet, softened
- 1 bottle (2 liters) lemon lime soda
You will also need
- 1 punch bowl, ladle & cups to serve
- Peel and slice the 2 bananas. Cover a plate with plastic wrap. Spread the banana slices out on the plate, cover with another layer of plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 1 hour prior to assembling punch. In a punch bowl, place frozen banana slices, pineapple chunks, and strawberries. Pour in the fruit punch. Using an ice cream scoop, place small scoops of rainbow sherbet on the surface of the punch. Slowly pour the soda into the punch bowl and stir gently with a wooden spoon. A foam cap will rise on the top of the punch. Serve punch with a few fruit pieces and some foamy sherbet in each glass. As sherbet melts, the punch will become thicker, richer, and more delicious.