I adore pomegranates, so of course I had to use them when creating my “signature” Shiksa martini. This ancient fruit is mentioned several times throughout the Torah. Pomegranates are said to have decorated the pillars of Solomon’s Temple in Jerusalem. I’ve paired rich pomegranate juice (POM Wonderful or fresh is best) with orange-flavored vodka and other flavors to create a crisp and delicious cocktail. Be careful with this one… you don’t taste the liquor much, it goes down very easy. L’chaim!
Kosher Certified Liquor and Mixer Suggestions
Check for hechsher to ensure kosher certification
POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice
Absolut Mandarin Vodka
Leroux Triple Sec
Rose’s Sweetened Lime Juice
Any purchase you make from Tori’s Market helps to support my website, my recipes, and the free content I provide. If you have an Amazon login, it’s even easier to make a purchase. Thanks for browsing!
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 oz citrus vodka (orange)
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1/4 oz sweetened lime juice
- 8 ice cubes
- Pomegranate seeds (optional, for garnish)
You will also need
- Cocktail shaker, jigger/measure, martini glass
- Place all ingredients except for pomegranate seeds into a cocktail shaker along with ice cubes. Shake vigorously for a few seconds until well chilled. Drop about 10 pomegranate seeds into the bottom of the martini glass. Strain cocktail into the martini glass and serve.