For those who are avoiding alcohol for one reason or another, here is a non-alcoholic version of my Cheesy Roasted Jalapeño Fondue. This delicious fondue combines cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, smoked paprika, and roasted jalapeños to create a zippy, creamy dip for bread, vegetables, or crackers.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese (2 cups)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3-4 roasted jalapeños, minced
- Prepare the fondue pot by slicing a fresh garlic clove in half, then rubbing the sides and base of the pot with the cut side of the garlic.
- Pour milk, lemon juice, and cornstarch into a saucepan on the stovetop. Whisk over medium low heat until the cornstarch fully dissolves into the liquid.
- Begin adding the shredded cheese to the pot gradually, one handful at a time. Whisk the cheese continuously as it melts.
- Let each handful of cheese melt before adding the next handful. Do not raise the heat or let the cheese come to a boil.
- When all of the cheese is melted, check the texture. If it seems too thick or lumpy, add a little more lemon juice and whisk until the texture is smooth and right for dipping.
- Add the minced roasted jalapeños to the pot and whisk to blend.
- Whisk in the smoked paprika until well blended.
- Transfer the melted cheese mixture to your fondue pot. Turn the pot on or light the heat source; keep the heat very low so the cheese stays soft, but doesn't boil.
- Serve cheese fondue with bread, lightly steamed vegetables, crackers, or my personal favorite--pretzel challah!