About Tori Avey

Thanks for stopping by! I am fascinated by the story behind the food – why we eat what we eat, how the foods of different cultures have evolved, and how yesterday’s food can inspire us in the kitchen today. Read more...

Did you make one of my recipes? Tag @toriavey on Instagram or Twitter… I want to see!

facebook instagram pinterest twitter

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recipe Rating

Please Note: We typically moderate comments once per month, so please don't expect a quick response. If you'd like more direct access to me and my team, consider joining my exclusive culinary community. You'll get access to member's only recipes and videos, prompt and cheerful cooking support, a private social community of passionate home cooks, and an ad-free experience on my site! Learn more here.

I encourage you to read through the entire post and comments section carefully before asking a question, as it has very likely already been answered. Read the comment policy.

Comments

• Tori Avey says

It’s an organic brand that is very similar to Nilla wafers– can’t remember the name offhand. But if you look up Nilla wafers, you’ll see the style of cookie I’m referencing.

1. Judith Lissek says

Shanah Tovah,Tori, to you and yours.
    Re: type of vanilla pudding to use –
    Cooked or instant pudding?
    Thank you.

2. Maxine Straus says

Hi Tori,
    Sometimes when I have made a noodle kugel, it falls apart when I try to cut it into pieces. I thought my problem was that I rinsed the noodles and that NOT rinsing was to secret to the kugel staying together. You rinse your noodles, however, in this recipe and it was cut into perfect pieces in your photo. Why do my kugels fall apart?
    Booma

• Tori Avey says

Hi Booma! Simple answer – wait until the kugel cools before you cut into it. Cutting into a hot kugel makes for a messy slice. If that doesn’t help, it may be that your recipe doesn’t have enough eggs to bind it together well.

3. J says

So happy to find this recipe! My mother-in-laws noodle kugel was so similar to this. I have had trouble duplicating this because she was a natural cook, no measurements etc., and I am not. She added a few golden raisins and cinnamon to the noodle/pudding mixture.

4. Carol Janseen says

Hi Tori, Can this recipe be made in 2 smaller pans instead of one large pan? I’m going to make it to take to a small Hanukkah party but would like to also have some to keep for my family. I’ve made this kugel before &’it’s delicious!

• Tori Avey says

Yes no problem! It will cook a bit faster in smaller pans so do keep an eye on it and take out when it is finished cooking, even if it’s before the suggested time. Enjoy!

5. Lisa says

5 stars
    Tori, this recipe is incredible!! It was my first time making it. I snuck a bite to try it and LOVED it! I’m wondering if there will be any left for my husband and son!! Thanks for sharing.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
​​