This post was sponsored by Visalus Vi Shake. Thank you to my sponsors for helping me to share more free recipes, crafts and food history with you!
I think a lot of you must be dieting right now (swimsuit season?), because lately I’ve been getting a lot of requests for some lighter dessert options. I considered it perfect timing when a company called Visalus contacted me about their new protein powder mix called Vi Shake. This powder is a versatile nutritional supplement that can be added to smoothies, snacks, and other dishes to add a boost of hunger-fighting protein and fiber. Visalus asked me to come up with a creative recipe using their mix. Once I tasted their Vi Shake Sweet Cream flavor, I was happy to oblige. It’s pretty tasty stuff! I decided to address the requests I’ve received and come up with a healthy, low fat Cheesecake Tiramisu Protein Pudding.
I wanted this recipe to be super easy, something you can whip up in a few minutes without much prep work. We’ve been craving cheesecake here at home lately, so a light dairy dessert was a natural choice. I used nonfat ricotta cheese and Greek yogurt (you can use lowfat for either or both if you prefer) and mixed it up with the protein powder. The mixture was somewhat sweet on its own, but I found that the addition of a little sweetener made it more dessert-like. I added vanilla and a touch of instant coffee to give it a tiramisu flavor, then dusted the mixture with cocoa powder and a sprinkle of sliced almonds for crunch. The almonds are optional; you can omit them to cut the extra fat, or if you have a nut allergy. As you’ll see below, I mixed it in a mixing bowl and “plated” it in a pretty dessert dish. No need to be that fancy if you’re in a hurry, you can mix it up in the same bowl you’re eating out of if you’re not worried about presentation. I do recommend chilling the mixture before eating, but if you are hungry you can also dig in right away… no need to wait! This makes a really filling and tasty dessert, and can also satisfy an afternoon sweet craving.
For those of you who don’t have Vi Shake on hand, or those who prefer another protein supplement, you can use any vanilla protein powder you like. To substitute, use 1/3 cup of your favorite vanilla protein powder (or a serving scoop, if a serving equals less than 1/3 cup of powder) and sweeten the mixture to taste.
Vi Shake is OU certified kosher, gluten free, low fat, low sodium and lower carb than many other nutritional supplements. It’s also lactose free, though of course there is lactose in this particular recipe.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheesecake Tiramisu Protein Pudding
- 2 scoops Visalus Vi Shake Mix, Sweet Cream flavor
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules dissolved in 1 tsp hot water, then cooled
- 1 teaspoon your favorite sweetener, or more to taste (I used stevia)
- 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (optional)
- Pour the protein powder in a mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to stir in the Greek yogurt, ricotta cheese, and instant coffee till smooth. Stir in your favorite sweetener to taste. To keep it low carb, use a no-carb sweetener. I used about 1 tsp of stevia.
- Pour the mixture into a dessert dish. Sprinkle the top with cocoa powder (for a pretty, even sprinkle across the top use a wire mesh strainer). Garnish the top of the dessert with sliced almonds. Chill for 1 hour. Serve.
tried this recipe?
Let us know in the comments!
This post was sponsored by Visalus Vi Shake. Please consult your doctor if you have a medical-related condition and would like to start taking a nutritional supplement to find the right choice for you.