Curry Roasted Sweet Potatoes – Easy, Healthy, Crave-Worthy Vegan Side Dish Spiced with Curry Powder, Cinnamon and Salt.
Sometimes you have to be grateful for the simple things in life… an afternoon nap with a snuggle puppy… the crisp bite of fresh home-brewed ginger beer… taking a walk in the ocean breeze with your family. Then, of course, there are simple recipes. You know I love to cook, but like every other busy person I relish easy concoctions that can be thrown together in a minute or two, but taste like something much more complex.
These roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect solution when you’re looking for a simple side dish. The trick is getting your roasting pan nice and hot before adding the potatoes. The quick burst of heat helps to caramelize them, bringing out the best of their naturally sweet, robust flavor. When combined with a sultry sprinkle of curry powder they are absolutely addicting. Let’s just say these never make it very far from the pan.
I’m all for exciting, exotic recipes that take us out of our comfort zone. But sometimes, all you need is a little curry powder to make the ordinary into something extraordinary. On a weeknight, there is nothing better than being able to put together something easy and delicious. I’m grateful, indeed.
Now, about that nap with a snuggle puppy…
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Beauty shots and styling by Bethany Nauert.
Curry Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (yams) peeled and cut into 1 1/2-2 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- Place baking sheet into the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine, making sure all the potatoes are lightly covered with oil and seasonings.
- Use hot pads to carefully remove the heated baking sheet from the oven. Spread the potatoes out onto the tray in an even layer, making sure all potatoes are touching the surface of the tray. Careful not to burn your hands on the tray!
- Place tray back into the oven and let the potatoes roast for 20 minutes. Stir the vegetables and continue to roast for 10-20 more minutes or until they are tender inside and browned/crisp on the outside. Serve warm.
tried this recipe?
Let us know in the comments!
Other Great Recipe Ideas