I absolutely love this simple Fresh Lemon Herb Sauce! It’s a summery, heart-healthy delight. This sauce goes really well with cooked and grilled artichokes; it’s a healthier alternative to hollandaise or mayonnaise. It’s also great on steak, grilled fish, pasta… really anywhere you need a savory, herby sauce with the brightness of lemon. Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fresh Lemon Herb Sauce
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup fresh chives
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a blender, or food processor, and blend on low for 30 seconds – 1 minute. You want the mixture to be somewhat chunky, not smooth. You can use an immersion blender, but you will need to chop the herbs a bit first.
- Serve over grilled artichokes, pasta or meat - the possibilities are endless!