Roasted Pepper Salad – Colorful Side Dish Recipe with Roasted Bell Peppers, Garlic and Olive Oil
Yesterday I shared my method for roasting bell peppers. Today I wanted to share a super simple way to prepare and serve them. My husband’s niece Sharone gave me this Sephardic Mediterranean salad recipe. I make it regularly because my husband loves it so much. It’s best served on a piece of crusty bread, or as a side dish for grilled chicken or fish.
Keep in mind that while it may seem like a lot of bell peppers, they will shrink when roasting. If you have the oven space, you can easily double this recipe for a larger quantity. During grilling season, you can also roast bell peppers on the grill… this method creates a wonderful smoky flavor!
Roasted Pepper Salad
- 6 bell peppers in a variety of colors- red, green, orange, yellow, etc.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Roast the bell peppers, then seed and skin them. Cut pepper flesh into long thin strips. Place pepper strips in a medium salad bowl. To learn how to roast bell peppers, click here.
- Add minced garlic, olive oil, and salt to the roasted peppers. Stir salad until thoroughly blended.
- Cover the salad bowl, refrigerate and let the peppers marinate for 2 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
tried this recipe?
Let us know in the comments!