I wanted to share a quick, easy treat before the weekend, and these Peanut Butter Honey Truffles seemed like the perfect choice. I make a batch of these little snacks every so often and keep them in the fridge. I learned to make them back in elementary school at a summer day camp. Once a week, between tie die and ceramics class, they would teach us a new recipe. We made easy things like granola and trail mix. Of all the recipes we learned, I liked these truffles the best. They’re made from simple, natural, unprocessed ingredients– peanut butter, oats, honey, and coconut. What could be bad?
Back in camp we made the truffles with whole oats, but over the years I’ve discovered that I like them better when I blend the oats to a powder. They’re perfect for when I need a little protein pick-me-up. The honey satisfies my sweet tooth, and the peanut butter satiates my hunger. They’re very filling; a couple of truffles totally tide me over between meals. They’re also gluten free if you use GF certified oats. They’re really easy to make and you can get the kids involved– they’ll have fun rolling the truffles with you. It’s simple, unprocessed snack food you can feel good about. Shabbat shalom!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (you can use 3 tbsp for a less sweet flavor)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt (if your peanut butter already has salt, skip this)
- 2-3 tbsp dried shredded coconut
- Pulse the oats in a blender for 30-45 seconds till they become a powdery flour.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey, vanilla, salt and oat flour.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Roll each ball in dried coconut to coat.Place truffles in the refrigerator. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve cold. Store truffles in the refrigerator.