Vanilla vodka drinks are such a treat! And this Lemon Vanilla Vodka Cocktail is no exception. It has a creamy, lemony flavor that reminds me of tart lemon frosting on a white cake – one of my favorite desserts. Consequently it’s sweet but subtle, and that heavenly touch of vanilla adds a lovely flavor and aroma.
Using Vanilla Vodka to Make Cocktails
All of the vanilla vodka drinks I’ve featured recently are the result of experimenting with homemade flavor infused vodka and herb infused simple syrup. Of course, you can make vanilla vodka cocktails using pre-made vanilla vodka from the store. But it’s fun to make vanilla flavor-infused vodka at home using a vanilla bean pod, too! It’s actually a great way to use the empty pod once you’ve scraped out the beans. It’s beyond easy, and it only takes a few days to produce awesome results.
As somebody who loves Mediterranean flavors, fresh lemon juice is one of my all-time favorite ingredients. Therefore, a vanilla vodka drink with lemon was a natural fit. Add lemonade, limoncello, and sparkling lemon-lime soda, and you’ve got quite a cocktail. In fact, this vanilla vodka cocktail is utterly dreamy! And that splash of limoncello takes me back to our sunny days traveling the Italian Riviera. It’s like a Mediterranean vacation in a glass.
Vanilla vodka drinks can sometimes be overly sweet, like candy. However, this one strikes a nice balance. It’s sweet, but not cloying. The lemon lime soda adds sparkle to this vanilla vodka cocktail. In fact, I find it light and refreshing.
As I have noted, if you’re running short on time, feel free to substitute pre-made vanilla vodka, which can be found in most grocery stores. There are many excellent brands out there to choose from. Cheers!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lemon Vanilla Vodka Cocktail
- 2 ounces lemonade
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka (to learn how to infuse vodka at home)
- 1 ounce lemon liqueur (limoncello or similar)
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces lemon lime soda (Sprite, 7-Up, or similar) - or cream soda
- Lemon twist for garnish (learn how to make a lemon twist)
- Add lemonade, vanilla infused vodka, and lemon liqueur into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously, then strain into a chilled martini glass. Top off with lemon lime soda and garnish with a lemon peel, lemon slice, or even a strawberry or raspberry for a bit of color! Serve.
Leave a Reply