2-Ingredient Creamy Vegan Orange Sorbet – Ultra-Simple Healthy and Dairy-Free Passover Dessert #PassOverTheTrop
Sponsored by Tropicana Pure Premium
Passover is a week long holiday with food restrictions, which can seem daunting to many home cooks. After all, the prospect of seven straight days of matzo doesn’t exactly excite one’s inner gourmet. Believe it or not, I look forward to the challenge of coming up with simple tasty dishes that work for the holiday and my family’s tastebuds. When Tropicana approached me to explore their Passover-certified juice line and come up with a tasty recipe, I was game to give it a go.
My family loves a glass of orange juice at breakfast all year round. Tropicana Pure Premium has been certified Kosher for Passover for 25 years, and is available in five flavors, including No Pulp, Some Pulp, Lots of Pulp, Calcium, and Calcium Lots of Pulp. So whether you like no pulp, or lots of it, you’re covered! And best of all, Tropicana at Passover tastes just the same as it does the rest of the year. Use it in recipes or alongside a stack of bubaleh or matzo brei and enjoy!
This ultra-simple food processor sorbet recipe can be made with just two ingredients (seriously!). After a little advanced prep work and some time in the freezer, it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. The best part? This all-natural, healthy and simple dessert contains no added sugar. Tropicana Pure Premium orange juice is 100% juice with no added sweetener. When the juice cubes are blended with frozen bananas, it creates a creamy, dreamy sorbet without any added dairy. Add a little vanilla and ginger powder to enhance the flavor, or leave it au naturel – it’s tasty all on its own, too! This would be as much at home on a Seder dessert plate as it would be in your mid-week dessert bowl. A no-guilt Passover treat, with no matzo required… how great is that?
Sponsored by Tropicana Pure Premium. All opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. Thank you for supporting my sponsors, they allow me to share more free recipes, cooking tutorials, holiday crafts and food history with you.
2-Ingredient Creamy Vegan Orange Sorbet
Pareve, Kosher for Passover
8 hours 5 minutes
Description2-Ingredient creamy vegan orange sorbet – super easy, healthy and dairy-free Passover dessert.
- 2 cups Tropicana Pure Premium Kosher for Passover orange juice
- 3 whole bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ginger (optional)
You will also need: 1 standard sized ice cube tray (holds 2 cups of liquid), wax paper, standard sized baking sheet, food processor
- Note: If your food processor is on the small side, you may wish to process one batch at a time so that you don’t overwhelm your processor.
- At least 8 hours before, fill your ice cube trays with orange juice and freeze until solid.
- Cover a sheet tray with wax paper. Slice the bananas and lay them flat on the tray. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
- In your food processor, start with half of the frozen orange juice cubes and half of the frozen banana slices.
- Pulse to process until it becomes thin crumbles.
- Then add the remaining orange cubes and slices.
- Continue to process, scraping down the sides and stirring as needed until the mixture becomes creamy and sorbet-like. This will take a few minutes. If desired, add vanilla and ginger.
- Once it becomes creamy, be sure to stop. If you over-process, the heat will start to melt the sorbet.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and freeze until solid. If you eat it immediately it will have a soft serve texture; freezing for a longer period of time will harden the sorbet and make it more ice cream-like. Garnish with fresh mint when you serve for a pretty presentation, if desired.